Kino Flo's Select 30 and 20 LED DMX
systems were launched with great success in June 2016. Lighting crews
embraced the remote LED controller and the light-weight fixture that
allow for rigging flexibility. In addition, users welcomed the ability
to dim without color shift, dial in Kelvin temperatures, and select
Green/Magenta settings using on-board controls or DMX lighting consoles.
But, there was also a built-in secret.
Kino Flo launched the Select LED system as a white light source with
Green/Magenta selection. Kino Flo used an RGB emitter to control the
Green/Magenta color, but we knew that the RGB feature could do more. We
just needed to sort out a menu system that would be as intuitive when
using the controller manually as when using it on DMX.
The Select LED now includes three menu options, one white and two color
menus. Those who prefer to work with white light can use the "white
menu" that gives the user access to Dimming, Kelvin and Green/Magenta control channels. Kelvin range is from 2700K tungsten to 6500K daylight.
In the first color menu, the Kelvin range travels from 2500K tungsten to
9900K daylight, and Kino Flo has set up a fourth channel called Gel.
The Gel channel includes Kino Flo presets such as blue & green
screen, sodium vapor, mercury vapor and over 100 well-known lighting
gels. In addition, there is also a fifth channel called Hue Angle and sixth channel, Saturation.
These two channels behave similar to a traditional color wheel, where
you have white light in the center, the Hue angle determines the color
along a 360-degree range, and Saturation determines how much color is
applied. The second color menu provides individual red, green, blue (RGB) control. This menu is a great way to work with apps with predetermined RGB presets or color wheels.
For those that have already purchased these units, there
will be a free firmware update available in April 2017 to gain access
to the new color menus.
Kino Flo's new Select LED's also come with standard DMX
and wireless DMX (Lumen Radio®), 24VDC input, and universal voltage
input 100-240VAC (1.3 Amps at 120U). We also recently added new Snapbag
Softbox and Snapgrid accessories.
- Kelvin presets
- Dial-in color temperature control between 2700K-6500K
- Extended color pallete from 2500K-9900K
- Green/Magenta Control
- Hue angle and Saturation adjustments
- RGB control
- Works with Apps with predetermined RGB presets or color wheels
- Can use preset buttons to store custom Kelvin settings
- Light levels do not change when selecting Kelvin settings
- Color-correct with high color rendering index (CRI 95)
- Universal input 100VAC-240VAC or 24VDC
- Energy efficient, draws 1.3A, 120VAC and 7A, 24VDC (Select 30 LED)
- Flicker-free, dead quiet operation
- Full range onboard and DMX dimming
- DMX wireless link (Lumen Radio)
- DMX Auto Terminate
- No color shift while dimming
- Remote fixture with built-in barndoors
- Fixture includes removable 90° Honeycomb Louver
- Honeycomb louver also available in 60° as accessory
- Removable Center Mount
- Mounts to stand, light enough to be hand-held